- Insert the DVD-R video disc that you created.
- In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu, then open the Disk Utility application.
- Select the disc (not just the disc session) you want to copy from the listing on the left.
- From the Images menu, choose New and then choose Image from "your disk name." (Mac OS X 10.4 and later: From the File menu, choose New and then choose Image from "your disk name").
- Enter a file name and choose "DVD/CD Master" from the Image Format pop-up menu.
- Click the Create button. After the image has been created you should see it in the disk listing in the Disk Utility window.
- Eject the DVD-R video disc.
- Select the disk image you created from the listing.
- Click the Burn icon in the toolbar.
Earlier versions of Disk Utility will use a .dmg extension instead of .cdr.
- When prompted, insert a blank DVD-R disc.
- Click the Burn button.
Modified on: Tue, 8 Sep, 2015 at 7:38 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.